[osg-users] Texture not clear in far view

Gordon Tomlinson gordon at gordon-tomlinson.com
Mon Sep 8 06:49:35 PDT 2008

Look up anisotropic filtering, that's probably part of the effect your
seeing, most modern cards have settings to help this type of artifact

BTW JPEG images have to be decompressed before they are  used, thus they do
not save you any graphics memory, DDS is better because modern cards handle
the format as native and no decompression is needed

Gordon Tomlinson

gordon at GordonTomlinson.com
IM: gordon3dBrit at 3dscenegraph.com
www.vis-sim.com <http://www.vis-sim.com/>  www.gordontomlinson.com