[osg-users] Texture not clear in far view

TANG Fangqin fqtang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 05:18:34 PDT 2008

Hi Robert and J-S,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the DDS format is a good solution to control the mip mapping. But now
since my texture is JPEG, it seems that I have to let OSG generate mipmaps.

I find that the default filtering mode is LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR for
MIN_FILTER. I tried some other filtering modes like LINEAR, and the texture
performance becomes better in far distance. The texture, however, doesn't
look very stable and is kind of dithering when you move the scene. When you
stop, everything is just fine.

Any hints for the possible reason for this? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Fangqin