[osg-users] performance issues with RTT

Fabian Bützow buetz at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Sep 8 03:12:23 PDT 2008

g'day,

im also working on RTT prerender stuff,
and i experienced the same FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT-slow-down-the system as
Viggo.
Im also running a windows system.

However, my goals a slightly different from yours, but i am suffering
from low frame rates as well. I want to do image pre-processing of a
live camera image. The camera img is attached to a screen filling
rectangle and rendered with a fragment shader. The output texture is
input of the next RTT step.

I'm wondering if the low framerates are caused by insufficient hardware,
programming mistakes or osg itself ;)

There are 6 RTT steps (640x480), each with 9 texture look-ups a fragment
(filter mask) and very simple noise processing. I'm running an Opteron
2,21 Ghz, 1GB RAM, Geforce 8400 GS. I achieve (incl camera image
grabbing) <8fps.

Do you think this is ok, or should the system be working faster?

cheers,
Fabian