[osg-users] Exporting from Maya

Jon Newell jon at vrspace.com.au
Sun Sep 7 17:46:21 PDT 2008

Hi Todd,
I mostly use FLT for this, painful though it is, I am not sure why your
textures are missing though?
I tend to use Maya Bonus Tools >organise files prior to export just to
keep everything together.
 You will need to remember to freeze transforms on all objects including
group nodes, and also delete all history.
I have compiled a modded Maya  8.5  version of the DIO soft maya
exporter obtained from
https://subversion.vrac.iastate.edu/DemoApp/trac/browser/trunk/src/osgMaya

It "sort" of works, that is, it functions ok for models that are not
overly complex, as soon as you are  exporting  models with polygons over
the 30 k mark it falls over.
The code itself could do with a cleanup to say the least and I have not
had the time to pull it apart to try and fix it.
 At risk of getting a bollocking, getting content into the osg in
general is unnecessarily difficult IMHO.

Cheers

Jon