[osg-users] Texture not clear in far view

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 07:13:14 PDT 2008

Hi Fangqin,

The OSG will automatically create the mipmaps if they aren't already
assigned for textures that require mipmapping (their minificiation
filter is set to one of the mipmap modes).  The filtering is set by
the loaders, typically it'll default to mipmapping but if you loader
may be overriding this to set a non mipmapped mode.  For instance some
OpenFlight modes I've come across have .attr files that set non mapped
filtering and the results are awful, here I just hide the .attr files
and let the OSG's default come in.

Robert.