[osg-users] performance issues with RTT

Harash Sharma harashsharma at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 10:38:12 PDT 2008

Hi Steffen, Guay and Robert,

   In the same regard I would like to mention something. We have also developed an application that uses multiple RTT cameras. However only one camera is active at a time ( the rest are masked using node mask). All cameras differ only in the resolution of the texture, they are viewing exactly the same scene and have identical fields of view. We too have found that the frame rate has a lot of dependence on the texture size. 256 x256 texture gives a fairly high frame rate(30+ frames/second), 512x512 slows it down considerably (to around 8 frames / second) and 1024x1024 slows it even further (~ 1 fps). All these figures are in release mode build.

My machine specifications
Processor:     Xeon 5160
RAM:            4 GB Fully Buffered DDR2
Graphics:        nVidia Quadro FX4500 (512MB)

    I would be highly obliged if a way out can be suggested.

Regards

Harash