[osg-users] performance issues with RTT

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Sep 5 06:23:31 PDT 2008

Hello Steffen,

> ... (currently it's 1280x1024)

I haven't really done what you're saying myself, but this strikes me as
a possible choking point... Are you disabling the resizeNonPowerOfTwo
hint on your RTT textures? It could be that your textures are being
resized each time you render to them (each time they're dirtied).

You might want to try rendering to 1024x1024 textures. I *think* NPOT
textures are as fast as power-of-two textures now on current hardware,
but trying it out can't hurt.

Also, what hardware and what version of OSG are you running this on?
That will help others give you better answers.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/