[osg-users] performance issues with RTT

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:19:20 PDT 2008

Hi Steffen,

You need to work out what the bottleneck is in your setup.  Try
adjusting the resolution of your textures to see if it's a memory or
fillrate issue.  Also try a range of models - ones that are simple
through to ones that are complex to see how things scale - compare
this with a standard osgviewer working on the same models.

In the end rendering your scene 5 times is going to be slower than
mono rendering - you have 5 times are much work to do, and that's even
before the final combining step.

Robert.