[osg-users] VPB using shoreline / borders vector data to determine alpha

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 01:16:38 PDT 2008

Hi Ralf,

Doing this is feasible, but it's quite a bit of work, and certainly
not something that will be in the VPB-1.0 release.

Longer term I'd like to see osgTerrain supporting boundary polygons,
and runtime tessellation against these, then VPB would then just need
to cut the boundaries up into tiles and then export them with the
tiles and leave the tessllation up to osgTerrain.

Robert.