[osg-users] how to use CoordinateSystemNode?

Glenn Waldron gwaldron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:13:51 PDT 2008

Hi Forest,

The CoordinateSystemNode only communicates the CS of the underlying scene
graph. Nothing in OSG actually reprojects the coordinates. You need to use
something like GDAL/OGR to do that. (see:
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/osr_tutorial.html)

You will need to either a) rebuild your city file in WGS84 so that it lines
up with the terrain when loaded, or b) reproject the verticies in the city
geometry into WGS84 after you load it.

Hope this helps. -Glenn

--
Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :