[osg-users] how to use CoordinateSystemNode?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:42:43 PDT 2008

HI Forest,

You make no mention of how you position the city model into the whole
earth model.  The way I'd tackle this would be to compute the
transform from your projection coordinates to ECEF using a
MatrixTransform, this would retain the cities local origin for good
precision.  If the city area is wide enough the curvature of the earth
might be an issue so you may need to do local transforms of individual
objects or vertices to properly fit the curvature of the earth.

Robert.