[osg-users] 2.6 Mac OS X issues and some solutions

Eric Sokolowsky esok.osg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 05:34:56 PDT 2008

Filip Wänström wrote:
> Hi again, wanted to add that the template xcode "OSG Application"
> needs to be updated. (and changed if you want it to work right now)
>
> Since I tried the CMake route that creates regular .so files and
> headers in /usr/local instead of creating mac os frameworks the
> template need to be changed by removing all the framework linkings. In
> addition, some of the headers in the precompiled header file is out of
> date it seems. Introspection and osgSim/OpenFlightOptimizer
>
> I willl change the template so it works with libs and am of course
> willing to share if anyone want it.
>
> I'm not saying that the template should be changed to using regular
> libs instead of frameworks in the long run but for the time being that
> is the easiest way for me to start developing on the mac (and get a
> homey linux feeling as well..)
>
> I'm not sure what the status is for generating frameworks from the
> xcode project that CMake creates. Hopeully this is remedied in a not
> to far future. For now, I'm glad that I can use xcode to create osg
> projects that works fine.

Yes, for now, the cmake project does not create OSG frameworks. We're
working on this. Creating dylibs works fine. These dylibs can be
installed on a developer's system or embedded into an application. Since
most of the example programs require command-line arguments to run
properly, it's not too much of a burden to set environment variables.
Once we get frameworks built with cmake the environment variables should
not be necessary.

-Eric