[osg-users] 2.6 Mac OS X issues and some solutions

Filip Wänström filip.wanstrom at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:14:01 PDT 2008

Hi again, wanted to add that the template xcode "OSG Application" needs to
be updated. (and changed if you want it to work right now)

Since I tried the CMake route that creates regular .so files and headers in
/usr/local instead of creating mac os frameworks the template need to be
changed by removing all the framework linkings. In addition, some of the
headers in the precompiled header file is out of date it seems.
Introspection and osgSim/OpenFlightOptimizer

I willl change the template so it works with libs and am of course willing
to share if anyone want it.

I'm not saying that the template should be changed to using regular libs
instead of frameworks in the long run but for the time being that is the
easiest way for me to start developing on the mac (and get a homey linux
feeling as well..)

I'm not sure what the status is for generating frameworks from the xcode
project that CMake creates. Hopeully this is remedied in a not to far
future. For now, I'm glad that I can use xcode to create osg projects that
works fine.

/Filip