[osg-users] Using Kd-tree for spatial data

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 02:30:29 PDT 2008

HI Maruti,

Lots was discussed on osg-users about the KdTree implementation in the
OSG when I intergrated the functionality, so have a look through the
osg-users archives in June and July.   The quick answer is that
KdTree's hang off Drawables, and when do intersection testing first
coarsed grained culling is done by the scene graphs hierachy of
bounding spheres/boxes, then finally fine grained testing is done
against the KdTree hanging of the drawables.

Robert.