[osg-users] OT: Any Route Following ( best way to get from A to b)

Brian ... brihi at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:56:52 PDT 2008

Here's a link:

http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/GameProgramming/

Lot's of stuff out there for A * (star) and derivatives.

Brian

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:50:41 -0400
From: GTOMLINSON at overwatch.textron.com
To: osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] OT: Any Route Following ( best way to get from A to b)

Hi
All

Off topic to OSG a little

Note how to follow a
route that's straight forward, but how to calculate a route , I was wondering if any one
had come across or were a ware of any open source projects on Routing best path
calculations, give a terrain and 3d database of some from what would the best
route for travelling from A to B going through several way points, for walking,
driving , in winter , in summer etcetc..  Bit like ya Tom Tom SatNav but
without the road data and logic that goes with it ;)

I have had some
inquiries if we could do something like this in our OSG apps and I have no idea
not having been involved in any thing like this before other than using my Tom
Tom ;),

Thanks

Gordon
Gordon Tomlinson