[osg-users] Shadow Map

Wojciech Lewandowski lewandowski at ai.com.pl
Wed Sep 3 02:58:18 PDT 2008

Hi Cedric,

I have not answered your question about StandardShadowMap. Its available in
osg-submissions forum as a part of ViewDependentShadows package.
http://tinyurl.com/66h9z6
or
http://lists.openscenegraph.org/pipermail/osg-submissions-openscenegraph.org/2008-August/002189.html
I have sent ViewDependentShadows package for evaluation and possible
inclusion  in osgShadow. One of the classes is StandardShadowMap. But in
this version it does not handle ReceivingShadow mask differently than
osgShadow::ShadowMap. One benefit for you would be cleanaer separation of
steps performed during cull by ShadowMap technique. It would be potentialy
simpler to derive some other class  from StandardShadowMap.

Cheers,
Wojtek