[osg-users] Recommended version?

Eric Sokolowsky esok.osg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:51:29 PDT 2008

Frank.vanMeurs at cs.uu.nl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Although I would have loved it to be otherwise, all of my attempts at
> installing/building OSG on my MacBook Pro (10.5.latest) have failed. So, I
> have had to resort to arranging a windows machine on which I hope to be
> able to get things working. However, to circumvent any problems arising
> from minor bugs possibly left in the code, I would really like to know
> which OSG version is the recommended one. I'm seeing quite a few tags
> amongst the sources, but which one is 'the right one'? 2.6.0, 2.7.0 or
> perhaps 2.7.2?

Frank,

I spent a lot of effort in getting OSG working well on OSX, so I am
concerned that you are having so many problems. I recommend that you
start with 2.6.0. Can you be more specific in how you are trying to
build, and what error messages you are getting? Do any of the examples
compile and/or run? There are issues in double-clicking example programs
that require command-line arguments, but some do not and they at least
should run. All the examples should run from the command line. The
osgviewerCocoa example should run either on the command line or by
double-clicking.

Please post some more detail and I will try to help.

-Eric