[osg-users] Scaling down a subgraph including frustum clipping: ClipNodes?

Alexander Löffler alexloeffler at gmx.net
Tue Sep 2 05:17:47 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply.

Robert Osfield wrote:
> It sounds like osg::Scissor (wraps glScissor) would be what you need.

Isn't osg::Scissor doing just a 2D clipping in window coordinates? What I need
is a 3D clipping of all sides of the former view frustum. Especially when
looking in through a "side wall" of the scaled-down frustum, scissoring would
not work.

The way I understand it, my results for Scissor and the ClipNode approach would
only be identical, if I used an orthographic projection. But I am using a
perspective projection, making it possible to look into the scaled-down frustum
volume from more sides than just the former view plane.

Alex.