[osg-users] LOD nodes and traverse order

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 04:43:39 PDT 2008

Hi David,

The update visitor doesn't know about the camera's eye point so can't
make any decisions about what LOD child to visit - so it'll default to
visitor the highest res version.   If you app only has one eye point,
and you must make the update traversal view dependent then you write a
subclass from osgUtil::UpdateVisitor that manages transforms/eye point
distance calculations.

Robert.