[osg-users] problem about slow frame rate

Gordon Tomlinson gordon at gordon-tomlinson.com
Mon Sep 1 06:14:03 PDT 2008

The problem is like to be that  your using an integrated graphics chip set
See this FAQ http://www.vis-sim.com/osg/osg_faq_2.htm#f51 and not really the
data your using ( although the larger the model and the more texture the
worse things will get in your case)

Integrated graphics chipsets do not perform well with OpenGL and thus OSG,
especially older chip sets and those that use system memory and not
dedicated memory, even newer modern chipset versions are still very poor and
slow compared to a dedicated graphics card

About the only advice I can offer is Google for updated graphics drivers,
this may or may not help, or change to a machine with a dedicated graphics
card

Gordon Tomlinson

 <mailto:gordon at GordonTomlinson.com> gordon at GordonTomlinson.com
IM:  <mailto:gordon3dBrit at 3dscenegraph.com> gordon3dBrit at 3dscenegraph.com
 <http://www.vis-sim.com/> www.vis-sim.com
<http://www.gordontomlinson.com/> www.gordontomlinson.com

  >IVE 6m does not mean much to me or others , How many triangles, how many
  >textures, how big are the textures, what format are the textures etc

  >But your biggest problem is your using an integrated chip set   See this
  >http://www.vis-sim.com/osg/osg_faq_2.htm#f51

  >Integrated graphics chipsets do not perform well with OpenGL and thus
OSG,
  >especially older chip sets and those that use system memory and not
  >dedicated memory, even newer modern chipset versions are still very poor
and
  >slow compared to a dedicated graphics card

  >About the only advice I can offer is Google for updated graphics drivers,
  >this may or may not help.

  I am sorry to say that in my letter before,i just made a mistake.My model
is 60M size , not 6M.And I just want to know what is the problem with slow
frame rate? Is the frame rate( 6 ) normal to 60M's model? All of the
textures (png format) are in the ive file(60M size). Is the triangles number
critical to this problem?

在2008-08-31 22:39:50,heishuijing_2000 <heishuijing_2000 at 126.com> 写道:

hello,

      Recently, i have some problems about slow frame rate. My test model
(ive file) is about 6M size.My test computer's configure is follow:

      Celeron D CPU 3.06GHZ  single core
      memory 2G
      integrated graphics card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

      I use the osg2.6's osgviewer and osgviewerMFC(muti-thread) release exe
to test in WindowXP.

      In attachment,there are two pictures:

      1.scene.jpg(my model's scene graph organization)

      2.frame rate test.jpg(my test result)

      The frame rate is only 6.. ,i don't know if it is normal,anyone can
help me?