[osg-users] Smoothing camera movements from HMD's input.

alessandro terenzi a.terenzi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:55:49 PDT 2008

I'm integrating a head mounted display (HMD) in my OSG application, the
HMD's APIs give me Euler's angles (yaw, pitch and roll) and I use them to
adjust my scene's camera view using an update callback.

But I noticed that, changing camera view from frame to frame, results in
jerky movements, even when I try to rotate my head very slowly.

In order to solve this problem, I was thinking about creating an animation
path (on the fly) from a previously stored orientation to current head
orientation. Is this the correct way to proceed? Or there is some other
technique to smooth the resulting camera movements?

Thank you. Best regards.
Alessandro