[osg-users] When to use AdapterWidget vs QOSGWidget?

mgb at mgbeckett.com mgb at mgbeckett.com
Mon Sep 29 15:48:42 PDT 2008

I'm a little confused about the difference between AdapterWidget and QOSGWidget.

As far as I can see AdapterWidget derives from QGLwidget and so should
be a drop in replacement in any opengl sample.
But QOSGWidget is a QWidget and so can be used directly in a mainwindow.

Are there any other performance/capability differences between them?
Which should be the starting point for a new application on QT4

Thanks
Martin