[osg-users] osgstereomatch not working on Windows, NVIDIA 8800

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com
Fri Sep 26 13:36:00 PDT 2008

I've compiled OSG from svn HEAD (revision 8952)on Windows XP, but
osgstereomatch isn't working. I have an NVIDIA 8800 card; I tried driver
version 169 and 175 with the same results.

I'm using OpenSceneGraph-Data from svn HEAD (revision 8952) as well.

When I run

osgstereomatch --left Images/dog_left_eye.jpg --right
Images/dog_right_eye.jpg --min 0 --max 31 --window 9 --single

I see the two dog images with a flat red rectangle above them on the
left and a flat white rectangle above on the right. Isn't this example
supposed to show the pixel difference between these images?

I tried without '--single' as well, and the only difference is the red
rectangle is blue.

The only sign of something going wrong are warnings are printed from
compiling the shaders with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG_FP (see attached log).

Also, there was an additional warning that said sampler2DRect couldn't
be used without adding the following to the shaders:

#extension GL_ARB_texture_rectangle : enable

But adding that didn't resolve the problem.

On a possibly related note, osgstereoimage doesn't display anything, and
osgmultiplerendertargets only displays a blue rectangle (which I'm not
sure is correct).

Is anyone else having similar problems? Any suggestions?

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International
bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com