[osg-users] VPB 1.0 schedule and database size improvements

Kramer, Robert W robert.w.kramer at boeing.com
Fri Sep 26 12:14:38 PDT 2008

What is the latest projection of a VPB 1.0 stable release, and will it
be tied to OSG 2.6.0 or a more recent OSG version?  For various reasons,
I can only build from the *zip files, and the latest on the website is
VPB 0.9.7.  I realize development is going strong now, but need to know
for scheduling purposes for my apps.

Also, has anybody tested how much smaller (or faster) the resulting
*.ive files will be with heightfield compression (is there a significant
reason to wait until 1.0 comes out to build multi-TB databases)?

Robert Kramer