[osg-users] 2.6.1 RC1 tag created

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Fri Sep 26 07:26:34 PDT 2008

Hi folks -- I'm pleased to announce that I've created an RC1 tag for the
2.6.1 bug fix release.

As with any OSG release, community testing will improve the release quality
and would be greatly appreciated. Check out a 2.6.1 tree from here:

<http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags\OpenSceneGraph-2.
6.1-rc1>
http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags\OpenSceneGraph-2.6
.1-rc1

This release includes the following changes, which have been made to the
trunk since the 2.6.0 release:

8765 - Fix to OverlayNode from Jason Beverage.
8775,8776 - BlendEquation support in .osg/.ive
8791 - Fix to FLT exporter to properly export PositionAttitudeTransform
nodes.
8795 - Change OcclusionQueryNode to workaround an OpenGL implementation
issue on NVIDIA devices with Linux drivers. The workaround is to wait (in a
loop) until the query result is ready before we retrieve it. This workaround
can be enabled in cmake but is disabled by default.
8799, 8800 - cmake targets for wrappers and changelog
8804 - Change AutoTransform interface to use doubles; osgTerrain wrapper
modification for Layer.cpp.
8821 - cmake 'maintainer' enhancements for tags.
8853 - Fix to osgUtil::Simplifier to handle shared vertex arrays correctly.
Changes the Geometry interface, so forces a recompile.
8888 - Fix for uninitialized "strip texture path" option in OpenFlight
exporter.
8900 - Fix for FLT plugin user data handling.

In addition, the wrappers have been regenerated, and the revision number has
been bumped to 2.6.1. If there are other changes you'd like to see in this
release, please notify me immediately.

If there are no other change requests and no other significant issues found,
I'll move forward with the final release.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>
+1 303 859 9466