[osg-users] Spatial View SVI autosteroscopic display support.

Chris Denham c.m.denham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 07:32:37 PDT 2008

I am currently looking at the feasibility of adding support for SVI
autostereoscopic display in OSG.
Does anyone know anything about this?
So far, I have been looking at an SDK that provides an OpenGL based API and
examples for driving the display.
I have also been looking at the different ways OSG implements stereo modes
with a view to seeing where might be the best place to perform the interlace
function required to support the SVI display.
I noticed that the WOWVX support is done by creating two slave cameras that
render to textures, then combining the textures and wowvx headers using a
pixel shader. So, at first, that seemed a good pattern to try and follow,
but on reflection it's difficult for me to see how to use the SVI API in
this way (even though internally I suspect something similar is going on).
I seem to be floundering a bit., so I wondered if I can trouble anyone on
the list to take a quick look at the attached OpenGL example code from the
SVILaceOGL SDK and make any suggestions about how and where the best place
to try and use the API from within OSG (or from an OSG application).
Of course, if I'm successful with the integration, I'll be happy to share
the result with the OSG community. ;-)
Cheers.
Chris.