[osg-users] CompositeViewer, update traversal, prerender branch

Fabian Bützow buetz at uni-koblenz.de
Thu Sep 18 20:26:04 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

Ive got some problems with displaying the result of a prerender step in
different views.

The root node has two basic branches:
a prerender branch that renders and processes a live camera image, and a
main render branch, that has two subnodes. The output texture of the
prerender step is applied to the subnodes in different ways. A View is
set to each subnode to display the specific view of the scene. A third
View is set to the root node to observe the overall behavior of the
texture (applied to both subnodes).

The problem is, that the Texture gets updated in the overall view, but
not in the subnode views (it shows the initialised static texture, not
even the updated camera image). When I set the scene data of the subnode
views to the root, the texture gets updated, but the framerate drops.
When i assign no View to the scene root, the prerender branch isnt
traversed at all....As far as i know, the update traversal is called
once per frame for a composite viewer, that should update the texture in
all nodes. Please help me with that one.

Cheers,
Fabian