[osg-users] loading vrml segfault

Ben Axelrod baxelrod at coroware.com
Thu Sep 18 14:53:40 PDT 2008

When I try to load a VRML 1.0 file in OpenSceneGraph, it segfaults.  I am using OpenSceneGraph 2.6, and OpenVRML 0.14.3.  I have attached the file that causes the segfault, as well as the same file with some minor changes to make it run properly.

The segfault happens inside: osgDB::readNodeFile(filename).  It would be great if OSG could detect the error, and return properly with an invalid node.  But I understand if the fault is inside of OpenVRML.

Thanks,
-Ben