[osg-users] DataVariance

paul1492 at yahoo.com paul1492 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 04:54:15 PDT 2008

In OSG 2.6, is the DataVariance value only used by the Optimizer or is it also used during the frame processing?

I've had some problems in the past with the StaticObjectDetectionVisitor and the Optimizer (assume "sharing" part of the Optimizer) doing some things to my scene graph which cause it to render incorrectly when I don't specify my DataVariance as being DYNAMIC.

Is there a reason why there is a StaticObjectDetectionVisitor being done when setSceneData() is performed independent of the Optimizer settings? Is the DataVariance value used by something other than the Optimizer?

Paul P.