[osg-users] Interesting interview on future graphics software/hardware.

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:38:11 PDT 2008

I've just read the following interview with Tim Sweeney, of Epic
Games, reflecting on coding for next generation of graphics hardware.

   http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/gpu-sweeney-interview.ars

Offline I've been pondering about similar things - where do we go in
the next five/ten years with scene graphs.  Talk of OpenGL 3.x is
really rather tame compared to the wider possibilities of full
programmability.  In all this mix there are issues like backwards
compatibility w.r.t hardware and software.  I find that whole topic
fascinating and bewildering - and always coming away with more
questions than answers in my pondering ;-)

Still plenty of years left in coding for present hardware and the
current OpenGL paradigm yet, so can't spend too much pondering on what
might be or not... have submissions to merge and dev release to get
out :-)