[osg-users] Image::isImageTranslucent() failed when using DXT3 dds texture

amalric alexandre alex.pixxim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:04:59 PDT 2008

Hi osg-users,
 I've found something weird this morning using -fix--transparency option in
osgconv.

I got a model with ".dds" texture with DXT3 format, when I convert this
model with fix transparency option, the texture become opaque.

I found why, in Image::isImageTranslucent() function when using DXT3
internal format :

switch(_pixelFormat)

{

case(GL_ALPHA):

offset = 0;

delta = 1;

break;

case(GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA):

offset = 1;

delta = 2;

break;

case(GL_RGBA):

offset = 3;

delta = 4;

break;

case(GL_BGRA):

offset = 3;

delta = 4;

break;

default:

return false;

}
return false because pixel format is not handled.

Is it possible to handle pixel format corresponding to DXT3 format ?

--
Alexandre AMALRIC Ingénieur R&D