[osg-users] OSG 2.6 on Linux, CMake 2.4.7, no osg/Config generated?

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Sep 15 17:11:02 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile OSG 2.6 on Ubuntu Linux using the CMake version
that I can get through Synaptic, which is 2.4.7. I wonder, is this
combination supported, or should I use a more recent CMake version on Linux?

I'm doing an out-of-source build in a subdirectory of my OSG source tree
called "build/Linux".

The behavior I observed is first of all, the
build/Linux/include/OpenThreads/Config file was generated, but didn't
seem to be found when compiling OpenThreads. I copied it manually to the
OSG source tree in include/OpenThreads/Config, and that got me one step
further.

But then, when compiling the osg library itself, it doesn't seem that
the build/Linux/include/osg/Config header is generated at all.

Perhaps I'm doing things wrong here. I'm sure I've compiled OSG from SVN
on this machine many times... Does anything ring a bell to someone?
Perhaps it's my two-level build directory that's causing problems? I'll
try to run ccmake from "build" directly tomorrow morning, just to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/