[osg-users] 2.6.1 release

Paul Martz pmartz at skew-matrix.com
Mon Sep 15 11:00:08 PDT 2008

Hi folks -- I intend to put out an OSG v2.6.1 release, targeting end of
month but early October is more likely.

I'm creating this release because I have a client that requires at least two
of the bug fixes that have been submitted post-2.6. My intention is to
primarily include changes that will actually be needed, so if you are
content to stay on the version of OSG you're currently on, or content to
stay on the SVN head, then you will probably not use 2.6.1 and you can now
delete this post and go back to work. :-)

I'm also not fond of doing a lot of testing, so this is a reason to keep the
change set minimal.

If you actually might use the 2.6.1 release, then I'm interested in
soliciting your change requests. Have there been any submissions post-2.6
that you'd like to see in the 2.6.1 branch? Please let me know. I intend to
read over the ChangeLog to look for desirable changes and low-hanging fruit,
but I'd like input from the community to guide my search.

The SVN for 2.6.1 development is here:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/branches/OpenSceneGraph
-2.6

Currently, this is identical to 2.6 plus the following changes:
 * A fix to the FLT exporter to support PositionAttitudeTransform.
 * A fix to the Simplifier to support shared vertex arrays.

The latter breaks binary compatibility by changing the Geometry interface,
so 2.6.1 will require a recompile.

I will put in the OcclusionQueryNode workaround for a suspected NVIDIA
driver issue, and I'm also considering an issue with BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE in
the FLT exporter (this issue is currently not resolved).

Thoughts and input appreciated.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>