[osg-users] Strange behavior with multiple screens and ImageStream

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 02:53:27 PDT 2008

Hi all,

We've made an ImageStream using FFmpeg to display movies on textures, but I
am currently facing some problem when displaying this movie on two different
contexts. Here is my setup :

WinXP with one GForce 8600GTS and 2 screens, viewer on DrawThreadPerContext
mode (OSG SVN head version).

When I only have one screen but two windows (with a different context per
window), everything works fine, the movie is displayed on the 2 windows
without any problem. When I plug a second screen, and I keep the same setup
(2 windows rendered into the first screen), I have a huge frame drop (more
than 20 fps) when rendering my movie (note that in this configuration,
nothing is displayed on the second screen). Same thing happens if I use the
2 screens (with each window in full screen mode on each screen).

I really don't understand why adding a new screens make this difference,
moreover it's the only thing in my application that suffer like that from
the second screen. Does it ring a bell to someone ?

Thanks in advance !

--
Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com