[osg-users] תשובה: CMake cmpilation

Guy guy at dvp.co.il
Wed Sep 10 07:36:17 PDT 2008

Thanks,
 I'll look for this IF(MSVC) and try to remove it so it will always...

Guy.

Hi Guy,

>  I'm compiling osg2.0 on visual studio. The project was created with CMake.
> I changed the compiler to intel compiler, and now nothing compiles.
> I get the errors:
>
> 1>CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
> be not be built correctly.
> 1>Missing variable is:
> 1>CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> How does the CMake works anyway?? I didn't see calls to it in the
> pre-build processing, include, or anything.

First of all, I haven't seen anyone compiling OSG with the Intel
compiler, so I have no idea if this is even supposed to work. If it
isn't widely tested, chances are it won't work without some
modifications since the CMake code is peppered with IF(MSVC)...
statements where equivalents would probably be needed for the Intel
compiler.

On your more general question, I don't know on the Intel compiler, but
on Visual Studio it adds some custom build targets which call cmake with
scripts. I'm not sure how it's implemented exactly, but that's my
general understanding of it. The ZERO_CHECK target checks that your
CMake files haven't changed since the projects were generated, and
regenerates the projects automatically if they were, for example.

Hope this helps,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/