[osg-users] osgTerrain::TerrainTile question

Coco vilaincoco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:30:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm presently working on a car simulator using OSG 2.2 for the visual.
My problem is that I would like to load big areas (such as entire cities or
more) which are fragmented in several Open Flight files without loading all
those files.
I looked at the OSG documentation and found out the osgTerrain::TerrainTile
class (which doesn't exist on 2.2 OSG version).
By using OSG 2.6, would I be able to load (with the TerrainTile class) only
tiles (associated to a FLT file) that I need to see (which means according
to the location of the camera)?
Or do I need to implement this system by myself to avoid loading all files
at the same time?

I hope this post is clear enough and wait for answers.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Duval