[osg-users] Texturing issues second window

amalric alexandre alex.pixxim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 03:28:06 PDT 2008

Hi Scott,

I'm currently having the same problem as you, i'm using last developper
release OSG 2.7.1.
When I open an .osg file in the second view everything is ok, but when I
load an .ive file, the texture is missing in the second view.
Please let us hear if you've found the trick.
2008/8/3 Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>

> Hi Scott,
>
> The most likely cause of this type of problem is contextID's for each
> graphics context are not being managed appropriately or contextID's
> are being reused inappropriately.  I can't say for sure though as I
> don't have your code in front of me.
>
> Since 2.4 we have done some work on this area, so the problem might
> already be fixed for you so could you please move to the 2.6.0-rc1 or
> 2.6 branch in SVN and then let us know if the problem still occurs.
>
> Robert.
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Scott Angster <Scott.R.Angster at nasa.gov>
> wrote:
>  > Hello-
> >
> > We are seeing an interesting problem that we can not track down.
> > Several previous postings have been similar but not quite what we are
> > seeing.  We are hoping someone can point us in a possible direction to
> > find a solution.
> >
> > We have an OSG/QT application using multiple windows with views into the
> > same scene graph.  We use multiple instances of the Viewer to do this.
> > We are seeing issues in the second/third/etc window for models loaded in
> > containing textures.  The textures do not load and we get "Warning:
> > detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant' after applying attribute
> > Texture2D" when the second window is opened.
> >
> > However if we create an object at runtime, say a sphere, and apply a
> > texture to it, the second/third/etc window do not have problems with it.
> > If we save out the node we created to an IVE file and reload it, the
> > problem is there.
> >
> > I have tried to duplicate this problem using the osgviewer QT example
> > such that I have a simpler code base to work with, and I can't.  I have
> > made this example more complex, adding features to it to replicate our
> > code (HUD, textured background, our update loop for updating dynamic
> > transform nodes and camera positioning, our state settings, thread
> > settings, etc).
> >
> > We seem to have an issue with PagedLOD too in our application for the
> > second/third windows.  I hope this issue is related so if we focus on
> > the texture problem, maybe the other will be solved.
> >
> > We are using OSG 2.4 and currently QT 3.3 (hope to be moving to 4.X
> > soon).  We are seeing this on both our Linux and Windows machines.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions or insight into this.
> >
> > Scott

Alexandre AMALRIC Ingénieur R&D