[osg-users] Texture not clear in far view

TANG Fangqin fqtang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 04:17:32 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a scene with some buildings in it and use osg::TrackballManipulator
class for the camera. I used osgDB::readNodeFile to load the scene as a
node. But I find that the textures somehow are dark and faint when you are
far from the building.
This makes the building outline quite obscure. and when you get closer, the
texture will become clearer.

Does this have something to do with the camera focus or automatic LOD?

Is there any solutions for this? I wish the texture is not quite obscure in
far view.
Thanks for your advices in advance.

Best regards,

Fangqin