[osg-users] Using Kd-tree for spatial data

maruti borker slimshadymaruti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:27:23 PDT 2008

Hello,
                   I was amazed to see the development  OSG has made, the
last version i used it was 2.3.4. Coming to the topic,  i wanted to know how
a scenegraph was being linked to a kd-tree for finding out intersections. I
am thinking of an application which needs querying of spatial data, for
which i thought of using kd-trees , but i also thought of having a
scenegraph for rendering purposes. I looked at a work "Razor:
Multi-resolution ray tracing for dynamic environments" by William mark  and
Warren hunt. They also lazily linked a scene-graoh and a kd-tree. I wanted
to know how the kd-tree is being linked to a scenegraph in OSG and also
whether i could actually access the kd-tree for performing algorithms on top
of it. And also an advice whether using this linkage in OSG is useful for
storing spatial data. Do mail back incase of any doubts or clarifications .

Maruti Borker
IIIT Hyderabad
Website:- http://students.iiit.ac.in/~maruti
Blog:- http://marutiborker.wordpress.com