[osg-submissions] Fix for touch events on Windows7+

Adrien Grandemange adrien.grandemange at oyez.fr
Mon Sep 16 10:59:43 PDT 2013

Hi !

On Windows 7 and 8, mouse messages are generated in addition to touch
messages, which leads to duplicate PUSH, DRAG and RELEASE events in OSG.
Besides, the mouse and touch messages referring to the same user input are
not necessarily sent at the same time, due to gesture translation done by
Windows by default, such as double-tap => double-click and long-push =>
right-click.
The delay between the 2 types of messages is more noticeable on Windows 8
and leads to serious disruptions in our application.

Mouse messages generated by touch input are only present for legacy
support. I think they should be filtered out by OSG (real click events
originating from a physical mouse will of course still go through).

This is what this patch does, according to this suggestion:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd693088%28v=VS.85%29.aspx (third
issue in this page).

Thank you!
Adrien