[osg-users] osgviewerWX in 2.9.11, Ubuntu 11.04

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:16:17 PDT 2011

Hi Eduardo,

Hopefully my response won't preclude anyone else from helping you too ...

Did you re-compile/re-link your application?   Do you know whether wx got
upgraded automatically on 11.04?  I am running 10.10 and wx version is 2.8
... though the default was 2.6 (wx version i'm talking) ... maybe you had
2.6 and ubuntu 11.04 upgraded you to wx-2.8?  If so then you'd clearly need
to rebuild/relink ... try something like "cmake clean"  if your build file
has a "clean" target defined, otherwise it might be using something
out-of-date.

Other ideas ... ummm ... does anything having to do with wx work?  try the
demo! write a wx-hello-world and get something back.  keep poking it in
different ways until the problem reveals itself.  good luck

Charles Cosse

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Eduardo Poyart <poyart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm using OSG 2.9.11 and wxWidgets 2.9.1.
>
> I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> After I upgraded and rebuilt, osgviewerWX stopped working. The window
> simply does not appear on screen.
>
> My application stopped working too. The viewer is never realized.
>
> Can anyone please point me where to investigate?
>
> Thanks
> Eduardo

AsymptopiaSoftware|Software at theLimit
          http://www.asymptopia.org