[osg-users] [osgPlugins] osgAnimation Update

Garrett Cope garrett.cope.ctr at simcen.usuhs.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:41:48 PDT 2011

More investigation, still not much clearer. I'm hoping with a more concrete example someone can tell me what I'm missing...

My main issue is how to change the coordinate system of a bone within the skeleton hierarchy. This could be done previously by just modifying the rotation of the bones bind matrix. Now that doesn't seem to work for me.

A specific example using osganimationskinning::

This example currently rotates about the local z-axis of each joint. Let's say that I now want to rotate the first joint about the vertical axis instead. This could be accomplished by changing the axis of the rotate transform for the bone as follows:

Code:
pRight0Update->getStackedTransforms().push_back(new osgAnimation::StackedRotateAxisElement("rotate", osg::Vec3(0,1,0), 0));

but how would I do this by changing coordinate system of the bone such that the existing rotation would now rotate about the vertical axis?

I did this previously by adjusting the rotation of the bind matrix, but adding any rotation to the bind matrix in this case seems to just distort the mesh.

I'm sure I'm missing something key...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

--jamie[/code]

Read this topic online here: