[osg-users] Strange texture problem - can you help me?

Jochen Saginet jmittnacht at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 05:49:22 PDT 2011

Thanks Robert, for your quick answer.
The problem seems to be ralated to TexMat and some ATI cards/drivers.
As I described, there are two textures. One with a small blue Image (16x16px) that is clamped to border and one with a bigger red Image (256x256px) that will be repeated.
When I use the same TexGen and TexMat for both textures and render them to a quad, the two textures are correctly overlayed (by blending). The corner of both texture-images are on the same place and you see no border color (black) of the blue texture.
But when I scale only the TexMat of one texture ( for example: the texture with the red Image is scaled by 16) and leave the other one as is, the two textures are shifted by each other.

See the result i get with a ATI-Card and zoom in the top-right corner:
[Image: http://www.abload.de/thumb/distortleqr.png ] (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=distortleqr.png)
Do you see the 2px black border of the blue texture? So the blue Texture is shifted 2pxdown and left.

Today i had the chance to test my program with a Nvidia card. No problem, when i scale one texture Matrix.

Is that a known Bug with some ATI drivers/card?
I use an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 graphic card with catalyst 9.7. I know it's an old version. Will try update tomorrow, and have a look if the problem still exists.

Cheers,
Jochen

Read this topic online here: