[osg-users] PS 2 Development Using OSG

Jan Ciger jan.ciger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:39:58 PDT 2011

> Quite a few years back I saw online that someone had ported the OSG to
> PS2, but the port never got submitted for inclusion with the OSG.  I
> don't know of any PS3 ports of the OSG, but in theory it should be
> possible given GLES "like" implementation of the graphics API.
>
> Robert.

I think with PS3 the main problem will be lack of development kits for
it - they are extremely expensive and Sony sells them only to "proven
and serious developers" (i.e. unless you are a big game studio, no
need to apply ...). The Linux ("Other OS") option never really had
proper graphics support, because it didn't have access to the required
APIs and now Sony has removed it completely. And with their rabid
attitude to any "unauthorized" development I wouldn't even consider
PS3 a viable platform.

Jan