[osg-users] Strange texture problem - can you help me?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:13:56 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Jochen Saginet <jmittnacht at gmx.de> wrote:
> Can nobody tell me, why the two textures texturRG and textureB are shifted against each other?
> The texGen planes and texture Matrices of both are the same, only textureRG is scaled by 16!!
> I can't find my mistake in thinking :(
>
> *push*

Pop.

I scanned over you post but there is way too much information to
digest and sift out what and what is not important.  I'm not going to
try and understand the details as I have way too much other work to
get through as no doubt have others.  You should strive to be succinct
otherwise you'll loose most of those who might be able to help.

I would suggest simplying the problem and then working your way up to
more complex. For a beginner to dive into texture matrices and
projective texturing it's a rather big leap.  Perhaps you have lots of
OpenGL experience, perhaps not, who knows how much knowledge we can
assume you to have?  You do, not use so that 's enough area you might
wish to convey areas that you might need assistance on.  Please
remember the OSG in essense an OpenGL scene graph so there is thin
layer between OSG classes and OpenGL which means it's often possible
to use OpenGL documentation and tutorials to help you forward - you
needn't rely soley on the OSG community.