[osg-users] Fine-grained render ordering

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:01:30 PDT 2011

Hi Craig,

The best way to manage render bin is vis State::setRenderBinDetails(),
and in the 2.9.x dev series you can now select a render bin that sorts
on traversal order of a subgrpah which makes some techniques easier -
use the RenderBin string "TraversalOrderBin" to select this bin.

If you want to create and chain RenderStages then using an osg::Camera
in the scene graph is often one of the best ways to do this, and use
the Camera::setRenderOrder(..) to control the order.  You can also use
a custom cull traversal callback to create RenderStage/RenderBin and
assign these to the rendering backend, but this does require a greater
knowledge of the internals of the rendering backend.

Robert.