[osg-users] SVN Trunk / TextNode

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:46:55 PDT 2011

Hi Jeremy,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Jeremy Moles <jeremy at emperorlinux.com> wrote:
> I noticed a file, TextNode.cpp, in the text3D example src directory. Is
> this a scratchpad-file for a future (possible) interface? I'm liking the
> extensibility of the design so far, it could work out really well...

TextNode is an experimental approach to providing text functionality.
The key aim of the class and supporting classes is making the process
of creating and position text more flexible.  When I returned to
completing the TextNode implementation it will replace the exisitng
Text and Text3D classes, and should make it possible to introduce
other backend implementations of text beyond the 2D quad and 3D
geometry approaches, my hope was that your own work in text would fit
into this approach as well.