[osg-users] OSG 2.8.4 fully released and binaries available

Wang Rui wangray84 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:25:29 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

The release of prebuilt binaries sounds great to beginners and people
who don't like to wait for compiling. Thanks for the great work.

FYI, I've made a small installer utility which could read a
configuration file from local or network and then download binaries
and developer files from specified website. It is done by NSIS and
I've released both the installer of 2.9.9 and the source files with
the beginners book (OpenSceneGraph Beginners Guide, Packt Publishing).
I wonder if it could be of help for you to maintain prebuilts and thus
provide an easy way for users to download them.

The installer (at present it only includes 2.9.9 binraries and
developer files) could be downloaded at:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/files/dev/OpenSceneGraph-Installer.exe

And the full source code:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/files/dev/osg_installer_src.rar

You are free to make changes and redistribute it in any form. No
copyrights or copylefts here. :-)

Regards,

Wang Rui