[osg-users] FrameBufferObject problems on OSG 2.9.11

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 07:26:07 PDT 2011

Hi Sergey,

2011/4/20 Sergey Polischuk <pol-ss at yandex.ru>:
> I'm just curious, if this fix will resolve problems with freeing unused gl texture objects (f.e. if you call dirtyTextureObject on texture attached to camera and resize texture after that texture will create new gl texture object, but old is still valid, and it not released on its own with or with Texture::flushAllDeletedTextureObjects(...) call, at least on 2.9.9)?

I cannot comment either way as I don't know enough about your specific
usage case.  svn/trunk has a number of fixes of GL object management
that have been made since 2.9.9, the fix I have just checked in
doesn't specically address issues with texture objects, but others
did.

Best I can recommend is try svn/trunk and see if it helps, if it
doesn't put together a small example that reproduces the problem so
that others can look at reproducing the problem.  Most problems of
this nature can only be resolved by having a test cases that fails,
Paul's modified of osgrender was a good example of how to go about
this.