[osg-users] Nvidia Windows7 Dual Monitor Setup

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Sun Apr 17 19:13:05 PDT 2011

Hi Tim,

> Glad that you confirm my intuition on this one. So where does the init happen ? (I am not talking about fixing the osgviewer) Where would be the place to start fixing this in osg itself so that it runs as expected out-of-the-box ?

Have a look at the osgViewer::View::setUpViewAcrossAllScreens() method.
It just loops through the avaiable screens in order (if you have 2
screens it will loop for(i=0;i<2;++i) ) and sets up a view on each, with
a translation along X in the view and projection matrices. So that's how
you can see that it's making a horizontal arrangement with all screens
in numerical order from left to right.

> The situation on my side is even worse, since e.g. the cow.osg is not just split in the wrong way, but the events from the mouse are only recognized on the "first" screen.

I have only seen that with old drivers. What video card are you using?
On nvidia cards at least, with recent drivers this doesn't happen
anymore. Also flashing that used to occur a lot with fullscreen OSG
windows doesn't happen as much with recent drivers.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/